Private Voice Lessons Ages 12 & Up
Home | Studio | Online
Suitable for Beginning & Professional Singers
Looking for Ages 4-11? Click HERE
15 Min: $20 | 30 Min: $40 | 45 Min: $60 | 60 Min: $80
Scroll down to learn more...
When you schedule, you will be given the opportunity to schedule multiple (recurring) lessons.
15-Min Tune-Up: (1) 15-min: $20 | Online Only
- Audition coming up this week? TODAY??? This online pop-in option is perfect for singers who are short on time. Great when you need new exercises to add to your vocal warm-ups arsenal, want me to check your technique in a song you're learning, need assistance with diction, need some new song ideas, or any number of tune-up needs.
Private "Discovery" Lesson: 30-min: $40 | 45-min: $60 | 60-min: $80 | Online & In My Studio
- Looking for a new instructor or are you new to voice lessons? A single introductory lesson will give you an idea of my teaching style, give me a chance to learn about your voice, and will be the foundation to establish an ongoing student-teacher relationship. If you want to stay with this payment option, you will need to take at least 12 lessons to participate in a recital.
Private Beginner's Tuition Package: (4) 30-min: $160 | (4) 45-min: $240 | (4) 60-min: $320 | Online & In My Studio
- Begin to establish your regular practice by scheduling four lessons; you may choose weekly or bi-weekly lessons. While you are welcome to bring in songs you want to learn, we will mostly work on technique for the first four lessons. This package may also be used for singers who are seeking assistance in audition preparation. If you want to stay with this payment option, you will need to take at least 12 lessons to participate in a recital.
Private "Seasonal" Tuition Package: (12) 30-min: $384 | (12) 45-min: $576 | (12) 60-min: $778 | Online & In My Studio
- For results-driven singers who are ready to build a progressive curriculum based on your goals and needs. Participate in recitals, private and public events, and get discounts on camps and workshops. It is expected you remain a member of the studio for at least a year, and this package is the foundation of your commitment to your future. Because of your dedication, this package is always discounted by 20%.
A TYPICAL LESSON
We'll start with releasing tension and relax your voice with exercises that include aspects of Alexander Technique and simple yoga postures. We'll then sing warm-ups that are specific to your voice type to develop & improve your vocal technique, and increase your range. We'll work through problem areas in your repertoire with exercises and diction coaching. We will also improve on your aural and sight-reading skills with Solfege and rhythmic exercises, as well as theory and piano skills as needed.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Private voice lessons are scheduled weekly.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Make-ups must be scheduled within one week of a cancellation to avoid forfeit.
- You will receive a Starter Kit (PDF sent to your email after payment).
- You will receive a syllabus with recommended repertoire books as well as specific-to-you exercises/activities to help you meet your personal goals.
- A daily practice journal is required.
- Students are expected to follow the set curriculum in the syllabus. However, personal goals may change which may alter your course.
- Regarding lateness: A lesson begins and ends at the time you schedule. Because of limited openings, there is very little "buffer" time. Therefore, if you are tardy, I cannot carry over your lesson time into my next student's scheduled time.
- Students should expect to remain with The Bach Studio for 4 years or more. The expected progression is as follows:
- Year 1: Beginner. Must sing one song in one required studio recital. Accompanist fee not included.
- Year 2: Intermediate I. Must sing two songs in one required studio recital. Accompanist fee not included.
- Year 3: Intermediate II. Must sing three songs in one required studio recital. Accompanist fee not included. Recommended to participate in workshops and masterclasses.
- Year 4: Advanced. Must present your own 30-minute solo recital. Accompanist fee not included. Recommended to participate in workshops and masterclasses.
- Year 5 +: Emerging Artist to Professional. Audition for schools and summer study, Deepen your practice with Alexander Technique, Yoga for Singers, and Career Coaching.
THE BACH SCHOOL
of Voice, Music, & Performance
Lessons | Performing Arts
The Only Music School in Historic Ybor City!
Proud Member of the Ybor Chamber of Commerce